Saturday, May 24, 2014

Rum Daisy


I was looking through an old timey cocktail book recently and came across something simple that looked delicious. It's called a Rum Daisy and it was popular in the 1920s. Rum is my second favorite liquor (sake is my #1 <3), so I decided to give this Rum Daisy a try.

We don't own a shaker, so mine was mostly stirred. I don't know if you can call it a proper Rum Daisy or not, but here is the recipe:
  • Fill a shaker half full with ice cubes. (Or a glass.)
  • Combine 2oz of dark rum, 1oz of lemon juice, 1/2 a teaspoon of sugar, and 1/2 a teaspoon of grenadine in the shaker. (Or glass.)
  • Shake well. (Or stir.)
  • Serve in an old fashioned glass. (Or skip this since you don't own a shaker and had to stir it in the glass.)
You may choose to garnish with a cherry and/or a slice of orange. I had neither, but I still found this to be a tasty little drink! We really need to buy a shaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment