Sunday, June 29, 2014

Food Reviews, Poems, and a Summer Recipe

I announced a few months ago that I have started working for the Crazy Wisdom Community Journal. Well, after my column "Crysta Goes Visiting" debuted, I was approached by the editors about an idea for a restaurant review column. I like to post restaurant reviews occasionally on this blog when I have a neat new place I checked out (or wish to warn people about places to avoid, though, thankfully, those are rare). Since it is once again submission and editing time, I haven't had much time to write my blog, and a lot of my food adventures have been reserved for the Journal. (I say this to entice you. The next issue will be out September 1st.) 

Quite frankly, I am worn out. I am in the middle of a twenty day work week for my two hourly wage jobs, plus working on articles for the Journal and going back and forth with the editor of Valves and Vixens, which was just released in eBook format (my story is number two in the line-up!), in my "spare" time. This all means no fun new update for the food blog this week. 

Instead, I offer you this: I've written a few poems about food for this blog and linked them here for your reading pleasure. 

Also, here is a recipe for zucchini and yellow squash casserole. You should be able to get the ingredients fresh from your local market!

Happy eating, everyone. And resting.

No comments:

Post a Comment