Saturday, October 11, 2014

Chicken Meal in One


Here is another recipe that I found on Pinterest, and I am totally geeked about it! I don't know if it would work with meat other than chicken (I am not well-versed in meat that is not chicken), but it would definitely work with other vegetables and possibly other kinds of potato, though the only other kind of potato I can think of is the sweet potato. Along that line, squash might work nicely for this. But I digress.

Here is what you do:

  1. Wash and cube a few potatoes. I used little Yukon golds. Place these potatoes along one side of a large baking dish. They should take up about 1/3 of the dish.
  2. In the middle of the dish, next to the potatoes, place two chicken breasts. 
  3. In the remaining third of the dish, put a bag of frozen green beans. I used French cut because that is all that Meijer had in stock. The original recipe calls for fresh green beans. Either works. I am not sure canned would be so great for this, though.
  4. The original recipe says to sprinkle everything with cubes of butter. What I did instead was drizzle olive oil. 
  5. Over the whole thing sprinkle a packet of Italian salad dressing seasonings. You should also use a Ranch salad dressing seasoning packet. Or garlic salt and parsley. Or salt and pepper. Really, you can use anything to season the dish. I just happened to follow the recipe that said to use the Italian packet.
  6. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 1 hour. Cover with foil if you like. I forgot this part and it turned out fine, and my oven even runs hot.

This was ridiculously easy to make! Usually I only prepare a protein and a vegetable for dinner, and in just over an hour (prep time is almost nil), I had not one, but two sides. No, it's nothing terribly fancy, but it's quick, easy, and good for you. And as I said at the beginning, I am pretty sure I can trade out the green beans and maybe even the potatoes. I'd like to try it, anyway. Maybe some sweet potatoes with brown sugar and butter sprinkled over-top. Mm... Sounds like a good combo for Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment