Last year to help people ready themselves for Thanksgiving, I made a list of Alternative Thanksgiving Dishes, mostly comprised of tasty side dishes that would work for Thanksgiving (there are a couple baked squash recipes) and my Dairy Free Green Bean Casserole (because it's a classic - also see Gluten Free Corn Stuffing).
I also wrote a poem entitled Recipe For A West Michigan Thanksgiving. In 2012, I wrote my first poem for Thanksgiving simply called A Thanksgiving Poem.
This year, I feel like I have linked often enough to my own blog posts (just click the above links), so I thought I would wade through Pinterest and see if I can find some more allergy free Thanksgiving dishes. I know a lot of people with special culinary needs (I have some myself), and I like to find food that everyone can enjoy. I have not tried these recipes, but I want to! They sound delicious. There is a bit of overlap between gluten free and vegan (in case that isn't completely obvious).
- Gluten Free Pull-Apart Dinner Rolls (contains eggs)
- Gluten Free Croissants ("egg wash glaze" contains eggs)
- Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers (with or without dairy)
- Cranberry Orange Quinoa Salad (recipe includes nuts, but can be left out)
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies (contains eggs)
- Creamy No-Bake Pumpkin Pie (also vegan - contains nuts)
- Gluten Free and Vegan Caramel Apple Crumble Torte
- Thanksgiving Meatless Loaf (also gluten free)
- Smoky, Lemony Shredded Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Cauliflower, Tomatoes, Chickpeas with Indian Spices
- Easy Roasted Root Vegetables (use vegan oils)
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Pumpkin Whipped Cream
- Gluten Free and Vegan Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Raw Pecan Tartlets