Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Chicken Maryland

I've probably mentioned this before, but my fiance Greg and I like to cook. It is one of the things I like best about him. We also like to find new cookbooks and new recipes. Greg found this one for "Maryland Chicken" in a book that I can't find at the moment. It's a really easy one! We specifically picked it because we had all of the ingredients on hand.

In one wide bottomed dish (we used a mixing bowl) combine:

1/2 cup of flour
1/4 teaspoon of ground cayenne
1/4 teaspoon of ground mustard
1/4 teaspoon turmeric

You will also need some raw chicken (breasts are what we used) and in another wide bottomed dish with enough milk in it to dip the chicken in. 

Here is what you do:

Coat chicken in milk then flour mix, fry in skillet until golden (but not cooked through), move to a baking dish and bake for 20 mins on 400F. Voila!

I have breaded a lot of chicken in my day. I have never coated chicken breasts in milk before breading it, though. I used to use raw eggs, then I discovered olive oil, which I think is still my favorite because the breasts get nice and crispy. The milk worked ok. I think the problem was that the chicken breasts were ginormous and barely fit in the bowl with the milk. 

The flavor of the chicken was great, though! I am by no means knocking this dish. I would make it again because it is really easy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment