Sunday, May 31, 2015

Chicken and Zucchini in a Pan


I really like zucchini. I don't think I liked it all that much as a kid, but as an adult, it's awesome. For some reason, I was craving it lately, so when Greg and I were at Lucky's, I picked one up. (Incidentally, they were called "Italian squash" so Greg missed them when he looked. I have never heard zucchini referred to in this way, but it makes sense.) Being a little low on time, I did not do anything fancy with the zucchini. The whole dinner was really very simple and quick.

First, I poured some olive oil in my larger skillet. Over medium heat, I heated some fresh parsley with powdered onion and garlic salt. To this, I added chunks of raw chicken (chunks of meat cook so much faster than whole cuts). That's it! 

While it was cooking, I sliced the zucchini. Then, when the chicken was done, I put it into a bowl to make room for the zucchini in the pan. I drizzled more olive oil over the zucchini, then ground on some sea salt and black pepper. When it had cooked for a few minutes, I used a fork to flip the slices of zucchini over so both sides softened as they cooked, but not to the point of total mushiness. I like my zucchini like I like my pasta: al dente.

And that was dinner. Quick, super easy, and tasty. Hopefully next year I can grow my own zucchini in our future garden. I don't think the new neighbors will let us at their chickens, though.

For more involved zucchini recipes, click the zucchini tag below!

No comments:

Post a Comment