Sunday, May 17, 2015

Not Exactly Roasted Chicken with Chickpeas

So here is the recipe I was attempting to follow, Smoky Roasted Chicken Breasts with Tomatoes and Chickpeas from TasteFood.


I ran into a few problems with this one. Most notably, my pan was too small. And instead of being all juicy like you see in TasteFood's picture, my chickpeas hardened into a veritable chickpea brittle. Though delicious, not what I was going for. I don't think Greg was impressed with this dish, so I don't know if I will make again (though I'd like to try to figure out what went awry). 


The chickpea brittle, as I have decided to call it, was really quite tasty! I'd do that on purpose again, forget the chicken, if I could work it out. It made for a lovely snack. What happened was (I forgot to take pictures, so I can't show you) the chickpea and yogurt goo mixture became so dried out and thick that I could tear off pieces and munch on them like melon bread or something. The spice blend was tantalizing to the taste buds and the chickpeas were chewy in a fun and not at all disgusting kind of way. I really didn't need the chicken here, though that was to be the main attraction of the dish.

I'm not sure Greg is as into chickpeas as I am, so this idea of mine, chickpea brittle on purpose, may never actually come to fruition. Or I can wait until he is on a vacation without me and do whatever I want. If it happens, rest assured, I will record every detail here.

No comments:

Post a Comment