Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Vegetable Casserole


Casseroles are easy to make from nearly nothing. I like to prepare them when I am running low on ingredients. This recipe was created off the cuff and is vegetarian with cheese and mayo, assuming you use vegetarian cheese. (Surprise! Most cheese is made with rennet from the stomachs of baby cows, a byproduct of the veal industry.)


First, I sliced up three stalks of celery. I already had roughly half a cup of chopped onions and chopped red bell pepper. I put all three of these into a casserole dish and scooped on a few hefty spoonfuls of mayonnaise, mixing thoroughly. Over top I shook out a couple handfuls of Italian breadcrumbs followed by a sprinkling of shredded cheese.


I baked this in the oven at 350F for about half an hour. This could be a main dish with more ingredients. I served it with chicken tenders cooked in a pan with herbs.

There you have it. A simple vegetable casserole. 

No comments:

Post a Comment