Monday, January 30, 2017

Some of My Favorite Easy Chicken Recipes

Due to being raised without beef and pork, resulting in a sensitivity to both (I completely avoid pig products, but beef is usually OK for me now), chicken is my main source of meat, and I am always looking for new and interesting ways to cook it. It's not always easy, so I thought I'd share some of my favorite recipes that I have found in case there are others also looking for some new chicken recipes.

1) Chicken Paprika

I found this recipe on Pinterest courtesy of the blog Chef in Training. One of my favorite things about this dish is not how flavorful it is - and it really is! - but rather how simple. These are all ingredients I have on hand in my kitchen, though I do substitute vegetable bouillon for chicken since Greg, my husband, is allergic to chicken broth (which complicates a lot of chicken recipes). 



2) Creamy Crockpot Chicken Stuffing and Green Beans

This one pot slowcooker meal comes to us from the blog Family Fresh Meals. I love all-in-one meals. (You'll note I have a ton of casseroles in my blog.) I also love stuffing. It's my favorite part of Thanksgiving. This recipe is reminiscent of Thanksgiving dinner, but totally fine to eat year round without being at all weird.

3) One Pan Chicken Dinner

Here's another all-in-one chicken-based meal from MyFridgeFood using green beans and potatoes as sides. Five ingredients and only an hour in the oven. Magnificent! 


4) Chicken, Salsa, and Cheese

This is a recipe I grew up eating, and I have posted about it here on my blog. I like to think of chicken as a blank canvas, and there is a lot you can put on it. Like this variation with BBQ sauce rather than salsa in BBQ Chicken with Cheddar and Bacon or Pizza Chicken with pasta sauce in place of salsa and shredded mozzarella as the cheese. But the dish that introduced me to this concept was the salsa and cheddar version, so it's a classic.

5) Chicken Cheese Casserole

Another classic chicken dish in the Coburn household was the Chicken Cheese Casserole, or Chicken Cheese Stuff as it was usually called. In case you weren't aware and couldn't guess, chicken and cheese go beautifully together. And this casserole is versatile because you can include or exclude your vegetable of choice. I really liked it with asparagus, but broccoli or green beans would also work well. 



Aw man, now I'm hungry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment