Monday, February 6, 2017

Broccoli Cheese Chicken Bake from the Pinning Mama

To be build on last week's easy chicken recipes post, here is another super easy, super quick all-in-one (unless you want to add rice, like I did, noodles, or potatoes to go with) chicken dinner from the blog Pinning Mama

She uses a Campbell's Oven Sauce packet, which I don't keep on hand. I did, however, have her substitution suggestion of condensed cheddar broccoli soup. I used only one can since I was only using two chicken breasts. 

Here is my pared down version:
  • 2 non-frozen chicken breasts
  • half a package of frozen broccoli florets
  • 1 can condensed cheddar broccoli soup
  • half a package of finely shredded cheddar cheese
This is the order in which you layer them in your pan. (I used a glass pie dish because that is what was clean.) I popped it uncovered into the pre-heated to 400°F oven and set my kitchen timer for 50 minutes.

We got to use our brand new meat thermometer (from finishing off one of wedding registries), so the chicken was nice and tender! I really liked this flavor combination, but I think next time, I'd season the chicken with a little salt and pepper before pouring on the frozen broccoli florets. The chicken just tasted bland next to the richness of all that cheddar.

But for a simple and satisfying dinner that only took an hour to prepare and cook, A+.

No comments:

Post a Comment