Monday, February 20, 2017

I Quit Sugar's Mexican Chicken and Sweet Potato Boats

What I like about the I Quit Sugar food philosophy is that it's full of sweet stuff! Like sweet potatoes. Super sweet! Here is the recipe for Mexican Chicken and Sweet Potato Boats.

This recipe was both really easy and very tasty - my favorite kind! The chicken itself was a little weaker on the flavor end, which means next time I think I will either use more spices or let it sit longer in the spices in hopes it will better absorb them. It could also have been just not particularly flavorful chicken, though I do generally find chicken thighs more flavorful than chicken breasts. Juicier and all that.


Since neither Greg nor I are fond of kale (except kale chips - I love kale chips), I used the Earthbound Mixed Baby Greens since Meijer was out of just spinach.


The sweet potatoes were packed with flavor! I love sweet potatoes. (I love sweets.) My mother used to mash them with butter when I was growing up, and Greg often slices and bakes them into steak fries. High in antioxidants, they go well with both chicken and greens.

I enjoyed this dish because it was a unique take on the all-in-one meal (two sides mixed in with a protein). It's also pretty filling. If you like sweet potato skins, you could pick it up and eat it like a taco, once it's cool enough to pick up. Once the weather is warmer, this might be a fun dish to put on the grill.


Mmm... 

No comments:

Post a Comment